Friday, July 18, 2014

DUTCH OVEN BAG AND PLASTIC BAG HOLDER




 photo 005_zpsb95d3d68.jpg 
2014
My honey got me a new sewing machine.  My other machine I had for about 15 years finally just stopped sewing correctly.  The one the the church gave me quit working correctly too. 
When I got married it wasn't  a week before I had to buy a sewing machine.  It was a used sewing machine but it was perfect as far as I was concerned. I was only 19 years old at the time.  Some 44 years ago and 4 sewing machines since then. A sewing machine is essential to my well being so to speak.  Creating things, makes me a very happy person.

"Now for my 2 little projects."
We are headed to a week-end of camping tomorrow. There were two things I needed for my vintage motor home.  A bag for plastic bags (see tutorial-click here) and a sturdy bag for the smaller #10 dutch oven. 


 photo 001_zps34296849.jpg
 The first was a plastic bag holder. I chose a vintage material I got out of my stash. It matched the color scheme that I had in my motor home. It did not match the theme especially but I liked it and it will serve it's purpose till I can find one that will.

 photo 004_zpse56deeff.jpg
My dear hubby has been trying his hand at dutch oven cooking while camping. We started out with a smaller dutch oven and then we got a larger one. I had a large denim bag I had made a few years ago, and it fit the larger dutch oven. I now needed a smaller bag. So the second little project is a denim bag.
 photo 005_zpse49200a7.jpg
I had a piece of denim in my fabric stash. It worked perfect for the smaller bag. Both bags have a drawstring top. This makes the bag easy to put the dutch ovens in and close up.


 photo 003_zps7d80e8c2.jpg 
I  really am enjoying my new sewing machine and learning the different things it can do.  The machine also made doing these little projects a pleasure.