Thursday, August 11, 2016


 photo IMG_6398_zpscj8x4cno.jpg Hi everyone It has been a long time. Taking care of aging parents takes a lot of time. I do get to do some of my crafts every now and then. Thought I would try and start getting back into posting to my blog. This apron was a fun project and I really like how it turned out. I did have to increase the size of the apron.
 photo IMG_6404_zpspfd3u8is.jpg The material was some left over from a blouse I made and some Christmas projects from last year. I am not a coffee drinker but do like hot cocoa, so this material really caught my eye. The pockets turned out so nice. I did not have the larger rick rack in the right color. The smaller worked out just fine for me.
 photo IMG_6403_zpsiz36vuqu.jpg I doubled the material on the top part of the apron but not on the skirt piece. The original free tutorial called for the apron to be doubled. This top piece was quilted with flannel on the back. I did not do the quilting on my apron.
 photo IMG_6405_zpsc4lftfr5.jpg I was pleased with the results of the apron. I really liked the simple pleats on the front in place of the typical gathers. If you are interested in making one of these aprons the tutorial is found HERE