Friday, June 12, 2020

1970-1980's BLOUSE


This week I made a new blouse from a newer pattern I purchased.  The patterns name is the Melody-Doleman Blouse from Love Notions.  It was a very easy pattern for me to sew.  I have sewn for years, but I think a beginner would find it pretty easy.  

The material was given to me by my dear daughter.  She got it at a estate sale she had gone too.  It sure reminded me of my youth during the 70's and 80's.  I decided to try this pattern on this material in case it did not go as planned or I did not like it.  After making it I really liked it.  It seemed so bright and uplifting just to wear it.  It also was cooler to wear this time of year with sleeves that do not reveal as much at my age. 

I did do the cuff on the sleeve different.  My daughter and myself have large biceps.  When we buy blouses that fit every where else, they are too small for our biceps.  Sewing makes it easier to adjust this inherited characteristic so the sleeves fit with ease.  I just did not turn the cuff up but left it down.

The Melody Dolman XS-XXXL pattern comes with sizes XL-XXXL.  This does make it easy to adjust your size to fit your particular body shape.  These patterns are downloaded on your computer to copy on a printer.  There are other options but that is the option I chose.  

So I will wear this cheery blouse when I go to town.  

You all have a great day.